Friday, March 13, 2009

EPIC WIN

AU beat Holy Cross today 73-57 to win the Patriot League Championship!!!!! We are going to the NCAA tournament for the second year in a row! I am extremely sick with envy that I won't get to go this year (damn I picked the wrong semester!) but I am super excited for the team regardless.

I got to watch the game online thanks to espn360.com (although the picture quality left much to be desired). It was epic, AU dominated from tipoff. HC was never ahead, in the first half they only shot 18% from the court (they improved to 30% in the second). Garrison Carr was sinking 3's right and left, freshman Nick Hendra had some sweet plays, and Brian Gilmore (aka "Jesus" due to his tattoo) once more proved that he deserves to be the love of my life. I even saw my band homies on my computer!

Fun facts:
-AU defense is ranked 9th in the nation
-They have the second longest active winning streak (behind, of course, Memphis)
-I was late to our group dinner tonight because I watched the whole game, but who cares? All I missed was the salad and I got the satisfaction of breaking the news to everyone
-I freaking love American University

SOOOOOO selection Sunday is in two days and you can rest assured that I will keep you all updated whether you like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. holy cross was in the lead for a little while. their first basket was a 3 and ours was a 2 then at one point it was 8-9. after the score went 10-9 they weren't in the lead again though. mwuhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, I started watching the game 3 minutes in.

    ReplyDelete