Friday, April 17, 2009

A Tale of Two Boos

But first, two great pieces of news!

1. The federal court blocked offshore drilling in Alaska.
2. The EPA has (finally) declared that greenhouse gas emissions are dangerous to human health, clearing the way for tighter emission regulations.

Anyhoo.... I know I've been posting a lot lately but much has happened in the past couple weeks. My dear friend Jenelle, who is spending this semester in Buenos Aires, came to visit the Chile crew a couple weeks ago. She stayed with me for the first couple of nights. We did many touristy things in Santiago, such as climbing cerros and shopping at ferias and going to Pablo Neruda's house. Amanda came over too, and we had a fun night of carrete (Chilean nightlife). We also had a big AU reunion at a delicious pizza dinner with me, Jenelle, Amanda and Dania. Yayy friends!

Jenelle and I on Cerro Santa Lucia


Sunset from the top of Cerro San Cristobal

Jenelle went to ViƱa with Amanda while I was in Patagonia, and the two of them came back for one last girl's night before Jenelle had to leave. It was a beautiful night-we got take-out Chinese food, a tub of ice cream, and ate them in pj's while watching movies. It was so refreshing to spend time with people I have a background with--I like everyone in the enclave but we don't actually know each other that well. With A&J I could gossip about people we all knew and reminisce about good times from years past. Needless to say, I was sorry to see them go. I am having a wonderful time here, but as my dad so astutely noted, I am a little homesick... for AU.


: )

More photos here. Yes it's the same album, go to the end for the new pics.

PS-I learned how to link stuff, aren't you proud of me?

1 comment: